Monday, May 21, 2012

Kitchen Wallpaper Removal

Kitchen Walls

Before

After
My mom helped me remove the beautifully "petite-petaled-pastel" wallpaper...say that five times fast!

Good thing peeling this vinyl wallpaper off was fairly easy. Unfortunately, the second layer of paper backing needed to be steamed/scrapped off.

After removing the paper backing we discovered that there was raw drywall behind the wallpaper, so I had to patch a few holes and put two coats of primer on the walls before I could paint on the color. I used: Kilz Latex 2


Now the fun part....color! I ended up being able to use a gallon of left over paint that I initially bought for our farm house. Luckily the color selection went well in our new home too.


I also ended up applying two coats of paint. After hanging some of my grandfather's art on the walls...this is what it looks like now!


Sooo much better than before :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment